Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Project: Pixel Girl Presents

This one was actually one of my favorites to do. I first browsed their site for quite some time in order to get a feel for the type of background they "liked". I noticed that majority of them seemed very minimalistic, with a small design in a corner and a vast expanse of color taking up the rest of the space. I've always wanted to make a wallpaper out of my Koi picture, so I did some minimal editing to extend the color behind the fish. I wasn't comfortable with just having a big ol' field of color behind it, however, so I decided to replicate the light pattern on the opposite corner of the fish.

Again, I was really pleased with the result. At the time of my posting, the form to submit an actual background was broken, so I was forced to email her manually in order to submit my design.



I'm excited to see if she accepts it.

1 comment:

  1. blogspot compressed the image a bit, so it's a bit jaggy looking

    ReplyDelete