Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Project: Online Collaboration

This was by far my favorite project. I joined an art forum when I was thirteen--ironically enough, the forum was a subsection of a video game forum. There I met a large group of artists in a tightly-knit community. When I read the prompt of this project, my thoughts immediately turned to that group. I contacted one of my closer friends from the forum, Hope, and told her that I wanted to do a collaboration with her.

I found out that the state animal for both of our states (Illinois and Pennsylvania) is the White-Tailed deer. I also found that the colors for both of our Universities are white and blue. I thought that doing a blue and white scene with deer would be an interesting concept. I first created my deer independantly from Hope using a program called OpenCanvas 1.1. I then emailed her my deer as a stylistic reference point.



Two days later, Hope returned to me a wonderful sight--her deer, standing in the shadows, amongst a beautiful winter landscape. I was blown away by how well it all turned out. I am tremendously happy with the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment